Participants where introduced to the concept of what the proposed new addition to the Port Theatre; The Community Performing Arts Centre will look like, feel like, and how it could be utilized to be beneficial to the local community.
Through a 3.5hrs session that included games, brainstorms and design thinking practices, participants where engaged in collaboration and ideation to establish connections between stakeholders, various business sectors, the public of all ages and the planners. Key priority action items stimulated further conversation, buy-in and participation towards action.
50 + local Nanaimo-ites. Open to the public.
• Participants demonstrate a better comprehension of the Community Arts Centre expansion and
parameters/planning for the project.
• Diversity of new interdisciplinary ideas generated by participants, and presented to groups
• More connectivity and engagement between stakeholders, the cultural community, interest
groups and potential users of the space.
• Participants feel empowered to make change happen/get involved (because it feels closer)
• Participants witness a diverse range of perspectives and ideas
• General greater sense of community capacity and creative cohesion
Designer & Facilitator: Jackie Duys-Kelly
Project Manager & Facilitator: Monica Shore