What does a social innovation lab look like, its value, and how can it be utilized in Nanaimo?
During a 3hr facilitated co-creative engagement session, senior managers from diverse public and private sectors where brought together in collaboration and ideation through various human centred design thinking approaches and practices. Connections between stakeholders, community leaders and members where established, to cultivate and bring forward key priority action items that stimulated further conversation, buy-in and participation towards action.
40 + invited guests.
• Participants demonstrate a better comprehension of a Social Innovation Lab and goals
• Diversity of new interdisciplinary ideas generated for presentation to those present
• More connectivity and engagement between stakeholders and interest groups
• Participants feel empowered to make change happen (because it feels closer)
• Participants witness a diverse range of perspectives and ideas
• General greater sense of community capacity and social cohesion
Designer & Facilitator: Jackie Kelly
Project Manager and Facilitator: Monica Shore
& Nanaimo Design Nerds